Senior Software Engineer (Developer Experience), February 2020 - Present
- As the single member of the DevX team, I scoped, designed, and completed several company-spanning projects including updating Python from 3.7 to 3.10, implementing Datadog logging and metrics, and building ARM-native Docker images in 20+ repositories.
- Maintained a suite of internal tools including test runners powered by an EC2 Autoscale Group, a Typescript-based wrapper around docker-compose that engineers use for local development, a library of CircleCI Orbs, a Superset instance to help identify test flakes, and Github/Slack bots running in Elastic Container Service.
- Served as a point-of-contact for any technical issues engineers had with their development environments, CI pipelines, and automated tests, as well as Data Engineering- and Infrastructure-related issues as those teams were let go or left.
- Assisted engineers as they migrated an application from bespoke architecture over to Cloud66, Orchard's standard production environment. This involved getting the application to run in a Kubernetes environment and merging their own secret store with our own.
- Created a test framework in Cypress and facilitated the migration of our flaky Protractor tests onto it.
- After a potential breach in CircleCI, I tracked down and rotated 175 secrets from projects across the organization. I owned the completion of this project, bringing our exposure to this breach down to 0.